Twilight Horseback Riding
One of Tumbleweed Day Camp’s distinct features is its Equestrian Center. During our summer and winter programs, campers become familiar with the fundamentals of good horsemanship. If your camper would like to further develop their exposure to horses, Tumbleweed offers Twilight Horseback Riding, an after-camp equestrian program. This program is designed for riders at all levels, children and adults. Our wranglers provide instruction in Western Riding and stable management. Each session is 2 hours with excellent trail rides, arena lessons, obstacle courses, and games.
- Beginning through advanced riders (ages 6 & up)
- Qualified instructors for children and adults
- Instruction in Western style riding
- Trail rides and arena lessons
- Learn grooming, feeding, and more
- Click the "Register Now" link in the upper left to access the Twilight Horseback Riding registration form.
Schedule and Sessions:
Twilight riding lessons are available Monday through Friday from June 25th-August 17th, 2011.
Session times are 3:45 – 5:45 PM
Cost per lesson is $80 and all lessons are confirmed on a first-come first served basis. You may reserve as many singular sessions as you wish based on availability.
Each Participant will be in Riding Enrichment until our riding staff determines his/her abilities and is confident s/he is capable of riding at the more advanced levels. Space in all programs is limited and we will call you to confirm your reservation once we receive your completed form. Payment in full is required at the time of enrollment and is nonrefundable. No cash adjustments will be made for withdrawals, absences, or cancellations. One make-up day is allowed on a space available basis, with 24 hour advance notification. Riders must wear socks and sturdy closed-toed shoes. Riders must be a minimum of 45 lbs. and 44” tall.
- Campers will be dropped off at the equestrian center after the camp day. Non-campers need to be dropped off by 3:30 PM.
- We mount at 3:45 PM.
- Pick-up is at 5:45 PM.
- Late pick-up fee- We have implemented a late pick-up fee. Parents will be charged $15 every 15 minute increments (1-15 minutes late= $15, 15-30 minutes late=$30, etc).